R&B diva Alicia Keys released today (January 20th), on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2014, a new track called "Power". The proud mother of Egypt Daoud Ibarr Dean searches for her inner strength in the empowering record. Listen below!
"This is a song about POWER that I wrote back in 2007 that I have never shared with my family until now...This is one of my favorite unreleased songs, I was looking for my power...This song says it all", said Alicia about "Power".
This is such a great track. As I was listening to it, it immediately gave me "Unbreakable" vibes. Like "Power" is song Alicia could've recorded for 2005's MTV Unplugged. The soul-jazz sound, and Alicia's rousing vocals make such a powerful blend.
"Power" is too the most perfect "unrelease" Alicia could have released today, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2014. It fits. Check out above a photograph of Alicia Keys, Oprah and Maya Angelou, who fought for civil rights alongside Martin Luther.
Hit or Miss?
- The Script Cover Sia's "Chandelier" on BBC Radio 1's "Live Lounge": Listen
- New Music: Jason Aldean - "Sweet Little Somethin'"
- Listen: Eminem Interview On Shade 45, Talks 'The Monster' Tour
- Beyoncé Wraps Up HBO Special With "XO" Performance
- Listen: Inna Wants The Lights Turned Down "Low" In New Song
- Video: Maroon 5 Perform "V" Songs On "The Today Show"
- RedFoo & Paloma Faith Perform New Singles on "The X Factor Australia"
- New Music: Jessie Ware - "Want Your Feeling"
- Full Songs: Adele - "You'll Never See Me Again" & "Never Gonna Leave You"
- Listen: Long Snippet of Unreleased Adele Song "You'll Never See Me Again" Leaks
- Meghan Trainor Releases "Title" EP Cover Art & Preview of New Song!
- Alex & Sierra Hit The Beach Again To Sing "Bumper Cars" In Acoustic Mode
- Watch Jason Aldean's Steamy Music Video For "Burnin' It Down"
- Ariana Grande Performs "Bang Bang" ALONE & "Break Your Heart Right Back” on "The Today Show"
- Exclusive Lyric Premiere: Inna - "Low"