Wow, the song could be a bit 'meh', but the music video is pure fire! R&B veterans Monica and Brandy re-united in the studio not long ago to record their first collaboration since topping the charts fourteen years ago with the Grammy-winning hit "The Boy Is Mine" - The new duet is called "It All Belongs To Me" was described by writer, and producer Rico Love as; "It's a very soulful R&B song with pop sensibilities", "I wanted to make sure I made it a classic R&B record, but I definitely wanted to make sure that it had enough appeal to cross over and become a Top 40 record". Sure enough, "It All Belongs To Me" has a sound that could work in other radio formats different to urban/rhythmic. Problem is the song is a bit 'meh'. I loved it in the first weeks, but now I find it a tad boring. Sorry, gurls.
However, there was one thing they could do to prevent "It All Belongs To Me" from flopping bladly on the charts, and making me kinda enjoy again the song. That was releasing a FIERCE music video. And so they did! Check out above the Chris Robinson-directed MV for "It All Belongs to Me", dedicated to the late Whitney Houston. Monica and Brandy looked fierce in all those designer outfits, and dresses, and nail completely the song's lyrics reclaiming their pricey 'possessions' off the hands of their no-good men. You tell 'em they're not worthy of you girls! Enjoy.
What do YOU think of the music video/song?
- G-Unit - 'Big Body Benz'
- One Direction - "Night Changes"
- Watch Bastille's Fun & Creepy "Torn Apart" Music Video
- Conchita Wurst Premieres Abstract "Heroes" Music Video
- New Music: Pitbull - "Fun"
- Eminem – ‘Shady XV’
- New Music: Demi Lovato - "Up"
- New Music: Eminem – ‘Shady XV’ / ‘Lose Yourself’
- New Music: Iggy Azalea & Ellie Goulding - "Heavy Crown"
- The Script - "No Good In Goodbye"
- Phillip Phillips - "Unpack Your Heart"
- New Music: Selena Gomez - "Do It"
- B.o.B - "Not For Long"
- New Music: Hudson Mohawke - 'Chimes'
- 30-Sec Snippets of Beyoncé's "7/11" & "Ring Off" Leak: Preview Now!