Despite critics' opinion that this event was inappropiate at this time cause it clases with Dr Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial, the 'Michael Forever' Tribute Concert went ahead as planned on Saturday evening (October 8th). The tribute was somewhat marred after many relevant acts pulled out, such as Jennifer Hudson, The Black Eyed Peas, Chris Brown, Janet Jackson, or Kiss. Leaving Beyonce, Christina Aguilera and Ne-Yo as the only really-looking-foward-to-see artists. The rest were a bunch of UK artists. Not that I have anything against them, I mean I love Alexandra Burke and Pixie Lott, but when it comes to a Michael Tribute you should only get the best of the best. In my humble opinion, this tribute was a bit of a joke, and only a way for organisers and MJ's family to cash in some big bucks.
Having said that, let's now focus on the concert's performances. Check out above some pics from the event, and below watch performances by; Christina Aguilera doing "Smile", Ne-Yo performing "Billie Jean", Beyonce via satellite (LOL) flawlessly slaying "I Wanna Be Where You Are", and Pixie Lott singing "I Want You Back" (skip to 1:03 to avoid some fan foolishness).
What are your thoughts on the event and the performances?
- New Music: Pitbull - "Fireball"
- Pharrell - "Come Get It Bae"
- Union J - "Tonight "
- New Music: Rixton - "Wait On Me"
- New Music: Wiz Khalifa - 'Stayin Out All Night'
- New Music: Lights - "Up We Go"
- New Music: T.I. - 'Stay'
- Video: 5 Seconds Of Summer Perform 'Amnesia' on "The Today Show"
- Maroon 5 - "V"
- New Music: OneRepublic - "Ordinary Human"
- New Music: Jason Aldean - "Burnin' It Down"
- New Music: August Alsina – ‘No Love’
- YG - 'Bicken Back Bein Bool'
- New Music: Weezer - "Back To The Shack"
- First "2 On" TV Performance! Tinashe Takes Over "The Wendy Williams Show"