M.I.A celebrated on Tuesday, June 13, the release of her third studio album entitled "Maya" via Interscope Records. The Sri Lankan artist had scheduled for that same day a performance at The Late Show with David Letterman to kick-off the promotion. Although we were all anxiously waiting for the first TV performance of the official first single "XXXO", M.I.A decided she didn't want to do that and instead perform "Born Free", whose music video you may recall was banned from Youtube due to its disturbing/violence-filled scenes.
WTF!? is probably what everyone in their houses was saying after watching M.I.A's performance. And big LOL at David Letterman's comment, "Happy Haloween!". I mean, the idea of the multiple M.I.A clones might have looked kinda cool but overall the performance was a big WTF. "Born Free" isn't the most appealing song to perform on TV also. And I'm seriously worried for the "Maya" album, as M.I.A still doesn't promote "XXXO" and the music video hasn't premiered yet. I have the feeling the CD is going to flop hard.
- Mila J Releases Girlfriends Anthem "My Main" : Listen
- New Music: The Game – ‘Don’t Shoot’
- Video: Lady Gaga, Queen & Adam Lambert Rock "Another One Bites The Dust" at Sydney Concert
- Alexandra Stan Goes From Darkness To Light In "Give Me Your Everything" Music Video
- Labrinth Drops "Let It Be" Music Video Online: Watch
- Usher & Nicki Minaj - "She Came To Give It To You"
- Exclusive Ben Rue Q&A: From Riding The Combine to Signing To Arista/Sony & Releasing "I Can’t Wait ”
- Jeezy – ‘Seen It All’
- Ariana Grande - "My Everything"
- Jennifer Lopez Premieres "Booty" Official Remix with Iggy Azalea!
- Nicole Scherzinger Sips A Drink "On The Rocks" In New Single
- Download: Ty Dolla Sign – ‘Sign Language’
- Inna Begs "Take Me Higher!" In Brand New Song: Listen
- Charli XCX - "Break The Rules"
- New Music: Alex & Sierra - "Bumper Cars"