Lorde premieres the music video for her September-released single "Team" at last. The mid-tempo haunting song is the long-awaited follow-up to the 17-year-old singer's global smash "Royals". "Team" was co-written and produced by Lorde's New Zealand compatriot Joel Little who also produced the remaining nine tracks on "Pure Heroine".
Lorde explained in detail the video treatment for "Team" in a post on her Facebook page; "This video was borne from a dream i had a few months ago about teenagers in their own world, a world with hierarchies and initiations, where the boy who was second in command had acne on his face, and so did the girl who was queen. i dreamt about this world being so different to anything anyone had ever seen, a dark world full of tropical plants and ruins and sweat. and of this world, i dreamt about tests that didn't need to be passed in order to be allowed in: sometimes the person who loses is stronger. enjoy xxx".
Despite the massive sales of "Royals" (which are still holding on strong after these almost eight months since US release), Lorde has failed to imitate that same success with her album "Pure Heroine". It was released in late September, and has yet to go Gold in the US. So the question out there now is if Lorde will become just a "singles artist", or worse than that, a one hit wonder. I think "Team" is a fantastic song, almost on the same level as "Royals", so, although I'm kind of disappointed it's taken this long for Lorde to actually begin promoting the song (with first, the music video premiere), I am confident "Team", with time, will demonstrate its quality by taking the charts by storm too.
What do you think of the video?
- Christina Perri - "The Words"
- "Outta Here" Singer Esmée Denters Auditions on "The Voice UK", Almost Doesn't Get Picked
- Blake Shelton Performs "Neon Light" & "Boys 'Round Here" On "SNL"
- New Music: Lil Wayne - 'Amazing Amy'
- New Music: Rihanna, Kanye West, & Paul McCartney – ‘FourFiveSeconds’
- George Ezra Performs "Budapest" On "The Ellen Show" / Is The USA Ready? He's Coming!
- Cee-lo Drops Surprise Album "TV On The Radio": Stream
- Watch: Eminem's 'Detroit Vs. Everybody' Video With Big Sean, Royce Da 5'9, & More
- New Music: Britney Spears - "Conscious"
- Oh No? The Giorgio Moroder & Britney Spears Collaboration To Be An "Old Song/Cover"
- New Music: Marina And The Diamonds - "I'm A Ruin"
- Chris Brown - 'Autumn Leaves'
- Lady Gaga & Adele Post Selfie Together on Instagram, Duet Happening?
- Becky G Serves Awards Show Performance Realness On "The Ellen Show" with "Can't Stop Dancing": Watch
- Ellie Goulding - "Love Me Like You Do"