After taking charts, radios, YouTube, Spotify, among others, by storm in 2010 with her album "Teenage Dream", all the many hits spawned by it, pop star Katy Perry returns to the scene in 2013 with the release of her follow-up, fourth studio album, named "Prism" (October 22). In an interview with MTV News, the California singer revealed she chose this title because; "I actually finally let the light in and then I was able to create all these songs that were inspired by letting the light in and doing some self-reflection and just kind of working on myself". Understood?.
"Prism" comes in two formats, standard and deluxe, featuring 13 and 16 tracks, respectively. Productions on the album were the work of Katy's usual collaborators and a pair of new ones. These included; Dr. Luke, Max Martin, Cirkut, Klas Ahlund, Stargate, Greg Kurstin, Greg Wells, Benny Blanco and Bloodshy. "Teenage Dream" was pop perfection, and although "Prism" doesn't really match that level, it is pretty close. The release of "Prism" is preceded by the Bonnie Mckee-penned #1 monster hit "Roar".
2. 'Legendary Lovers'
4. 'Walking On Air'
6. 'Dark Horse'
7. 'This Is How We Do'
8. 'International Smile'
10. 'Love Me'
11. 'This Moment'
12. 'Double Rainbow'
13. 'By the Grace of God'
Deluxe edition tracks:
15. 'It Takes Two'
16. 'Choose Your Battles'
- Iggy Azalea Slays "Fancy" & "Black Widow" on SNL Debut / MO's Nerves Mess Up "Beg For It": Watch
- New Music: Drake - 'Heat Of The Moment' / 'How About Now'
- New Music: Drake - '6 God'
- Taylor Swift Chats & Shakes It Off on "Alan Carr"
- Taylor Swift - "1989"
- Kiesza - "No Enemiesz"
- New Music: T.I. - 'About The Money'
- One Direction - "Steal My Girl"
- New Music: Lupe Fiasco - 'Haile Selassie'
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "Beg for It"
- New Music: Foo Fighters - "The Feast and the Famine"
- Taylor Swift Performs "Out of The Woods" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- New Music: Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Watch: Nicki Minaj Stars in 2014 MTV EMA Commercial!
- Tamar Braxton - "Let Me Know"