Long time no see, Jewel! The American sweetheart not only had the honour to host the 31st annual Texaco Country Showdown - the largest country music talent competition in America - but also made duets with the finalists and performed a couple of her own songs...Watch video below!
Talented Jewel released her debut album "Pieces of You" in 1995, and she's crossed multiple genres throughout her career, although focusing most of the time in the country, folk, adult contemporary field, with one full-pop exception in 2003 with the album "0304" and the smash hit "Intuition". Jewel's a four-time Grammy nominated singer, and has won an American Music Award and a VMA, but it's true that lately her career has been quite quiet. Her last albums haven't worked that great commercially. Music likings are changing and perhaps she's yet to find her 'niche' in this new era. But here's hoping Jewel get new inspiration, maybe work with new producers, and get back on the 'winning' path again.
Back to Jewel's Texaco Country Showdown gig, watch in the video below her closing the show with a stunning performance of her classic hit "You Were Meant for Me". An absolute favorite of mine!
Who else wants new Jewel music soon?
- New Music: Meek Mill - 'F*ck U Mean'
- T.I. - 'Paperwork'
- Gwen Stefani - "Baby Don't Lie"
- Tulisa Drops Flawless Kiesza-esque Single "Living Without You": Listen
- Ricky Martin - "Adios"
- OneRepublic Cover George Ezra's "Budapest" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Preview: 5 Seconds Of Summer - "Just Saying"
- New Music: Danity Kane - "All In A Day's Work"
- Wrong? Keyshia Cole's Son Daniel Gibson Jr Appears In "Remember " Music Video: Watch
- The HeavyTrackerz Drop Video For Feel-Good Debut Single "Old Habits"
- iLoveMakonnen - 'Tuesday'
- New Music: Taylor Swift - "Welcome to New York"
- New Music: The Weeknd - 'King Of The Fall'
- New Music: The Chemical Brothers - "This Is Not A Game"
- Preview: Gwen Stefani - "Spark the Fire"