Long time no see, Jewel! The American sweetheart not only had the honour to host the 31st annual Texaco Country Showdown - the largest country music talent competition in America - but also made duets with the finalists and performed a couple of her own songs...Watch video below!
Talented Jewel released her debut album "Pieces of You" in 1995, and she's crossed multiple genres throughout her career, although focusing most of the time in the country, folk, adult contemporary field, with one full-pop exception in 2003 with the album "0304" and the smash hit "Intuition". Jewel's a four-time Grammy nominated singer, and has won an American Music Award and a VMA, but it's true that lately her career has been quite quiet. Her last albums haven't worked that great commercially. Music likings are changing and perhaps she's yet to find her 'niche' in this new era. But here's hoping Jewel get new inspiration, maybe work with new producers, and get back on the 'winning' path again.
Back to Jewel's Texaco Country Showdown gig, watch in the video below her closing the show with a stunning performance of her classic hit "You Were Meant for Me". An absolute favorite of mine!
Who else wants new Jewel music soon?
- Listen to Ricky Martin's New Single "Adios"
- Stream: Full Studio Version of Azealia Banks' "Chasing Time" Is Out
- Rixton Reveals Cover & Tracklist of Debut Album "Let The Road"
- New Music: You+Me - "Break the Cycle"
- Hear 19 Seconds of One Direction's "Steal My Girl" Now!
- Inna Misses Her Man's "Body and The Sun"
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Therapy"
- New Music: Jessie J - "Burnin' Up"
- Ella Henderson Covers "Say Something" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Selena Gomez Rests Head on Justin Bieber's Shoulder at LA Church
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Whole Damn Year"
- Kanye West Performs at 'AAHH! Fest' By Surprise: Watch
- Watch: Jay Z & Beyoncé's 'On The Run' Tour Documentary
- New Music: Kiesza - "Bad Thing"
- 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival - Day 2 Performances