Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles, at last, premieres the music video for her debut solo single "That Girl". The flamenco-flavored, country track, produced by Rick Rubin, and co-written by Butch Walker, is the first single from Jennifer's upcoming first album as soloist to be released in early 2014 via Mercury Records.
Directed by Philip Andelman (Beyoncé, Taylor Swift), the music video for "That Girl", filmed in New York City, sees the breath-taking Jennifer Nettles play the leading role in a story about two female victims (as in Jennifer's point of view the mistress and the wife are, some times, at the same level) and one disgraceful man.
"That Girl" ain't a bad song. Not at all. However, is this the right debut single for her solo career launch?. Let me disagree on this point. Rick Rubin truly delivered on the production, and although I sense a lack of warmth in Jennifer's vocals, her vocal ability in "That Girl" is formidable. So, why isn't this a good debut single?. It just doesn't scream hit, and your debut single has to do well, otherwise, the rest of your career will be in jeopardy. "That Girl" is nowhere to be found on the Top 100 on iTunes, and the same for Billboard's Hot 100. Country radios in the US aren't so fond of "That Girl" either. The realistic slow jam isn't capable of breaking the Top 40 on Country yet! (August-released).
What do you think of the video?
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - "Anything Goes"
- Jessie J Performs "Bang Bang" & Covers "Stay With Me" on "Elvis Duran"
- New Music: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - "Anything Goes"
- New Music: Maroon 5 - "It Was Always You"
- Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"
- New Music: Fences – ‘Arrows’
- New Music: Jasmine V – ‘That’s Me Right There’
- New Music: Jessie J - "Bang Bang"
- New Music: G-Unit - "Come Up"
- Christina Perri Performs "Burning Gold" on "The Today Show"
- Inna - "Good Time"
- New Music: Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"
- Video: Beyoncé Performs "Blow" on HBO's "Beyonce x10" Special
- Shawn Mendes: "The Shawn Mendes EP"
- New Music: The Script - "It’s Not Right for You"