Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles, at last, premieres the music video for her debut solo single "That Girl". The flamenco-flavored, country track, produced by Rick Rubin, and co-written by Butch Walker, is the first single from Jennifer's upcoming first album as soloist to be released in early 2014 via Mercury Records.
Directed by Philip Andelman (Beyoncé, Taylor Swift), the music video for "That Girl", filmed in New York City, sees the breath-taking Jennifer Nettles play the leading role in a story about two female victims (as in Jennifer's point of view the mistress and the wife are, some times, at the same level) and one disgraceful man.
"That Girl" ain't a bad song. Not at all. However, is this the right debut single for her solo career launch?. Let me disagree on this point. Rick Rubin truly delivered on the production, and although I sense a lack of warmth in Jennifer's vocals, her vocal ability in "That Girl" is formidable. So, why isn't this a good debut single?. It just doesn't scream hit, and your debut single has to do well, otherwise, the rest of your career will be in jeopardy. "That Girl" is nowhere to be found on the Top 100 on iTunes, and the same for Billboard's Hot 100. Country radios in the US aren't so fond of "That Girl" either. The realistic slow jam isn't capable of breaking the Top 40 on Country yet! (August-released).
What do you think of the video?
- Taylor Swift - "1989"
- Kiesza - "No Enemiesz"
- New Music: T.I. - 'About The Money'
- One Direction - "Steal My Girl"
- New Music: Lupe Fiasco - 'Haile Selassie'
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "Beg for It"
- New Music: Foo Fighters - "The Feast and the Famine"
- Taylor Swift Performs "Out of The Woods" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- New Music: Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Watch: Nicki Minaj Stars in 2014 MTV EMA Commercial!
- Tamar Braxton - "Let Me Know"
- Walk The Moon - "Shut Up And Dance"
- DirectLyrics Interviews The Fooo Conspiracy: Talk Coming to the U.S, New Music & Justin Bieber!
- Kiesza Makes "GMA" Debut with "Hideaway" Performance
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "Iggy Szn"