Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles, at last, premieres the music video for her debut solo single "That Girl". The flamenco-flavored, country track, produced by Rick Rubin, and co-written by Butch Walker, is the first single from Jennifer's upcoming first album as soloist to be released in early 2014 via Mercury Records.
Directed by Philip Andelman (Beyoncé, Taylor Swift), the music video for "That Girl", filmed in New York City, sees the breath-taking Jennifer Nettles play the leading role in a story about two female victims (as in Jennifer's point of view the mistress and the wife are, some times, at the same level) and one disgraceful man.
"That Girl" ain't a bad song. Not at all. However, is this the right debut single for her solo career launch?. Let me disagree on this point. Rick Rubin truly delivered on the production, and although I sense a lack of warmth in Jennifer's vocals, her vocal ability in "That Girl" is formidable. So, why isn't this a good debut single?. It just doesn't scream hit, and your debut single has to do well, otherwise, the rest of your career will be in jeopardy. "That Girl" is nowhere to be found on the Top 100 on iTunes, and the same for Billboard's Hot 100. Country radios in the US aren't so fond of "That Girl" either. The realistic slow jam isn't capable of breaking the Top 40 on Country yet! (August-released).
What do you think of the video?
- New Music: Madonna - "Living for Love"
- Got 16 Minutes To Spare? Watch Nicki Minaj's "The Pinkprint Movie" Then
- The Veronicas Strut For Their Lives In "If You Love Someone" Music Video
- Download: French Montana - 'Mac & Cheese: The Appetizer'
- Merry Christmas! Miguel Releases 3 FREE New Songs
- Leona Lewis Teases Amazing Adele-Esque New Song: Watch
- Watch: Rihanna Shoots "Secret" Footage with Fans In Paris
- Interscope Confirms New Ellie Goulding & Carly Rae Jepsen Singles for Early 2015
- Nicki Minaj Talks Jay-Z Inspiring "The Pinkprint" Title on "The View"
- Hear Preview of Lana Del Rey and Her Ex-Boyfriend Barrie O'Neill's Duet "Riverside"
- Lady Gaga Brings "Cheek to Cheek" to "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon": Interview + Performances
- Watch Michael Bublé & Ariana Grande Cover "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" on NBC's "Christmas In New York"
- New Music: Chris Brown & Tyga - 'Ayo'
- New Music: Wiz Khalifa - 'Smoke Chambers'
- Surprise: Kendrick Lamar Is Interviewed, Performs Brand New Song on "Colbert Report"