While we await J. Cole's Sophomore album 'Born Sinner', the Roc Nation signee has decided to bless his fans with a free 5 track Extended Play project titled 'Truly Yours'. The EP is composed of tracks that were originally recorded for 'Born Sinner', but ended up not making the cut because they didn't fit the theme or there just wasn't enough space on the album. Along with the 5 tracks, J. Cole wrote up a letter for his fans via his Dreamvillain blog which you can read below.
J. Cole has been quiet since the release of 'Miss America' in early November, but it looks like the North Carolina native is ready to start making waves again with the release of this project and the first single from 'Born Sinner' dropping sometime later in the week. No release date yet for the Sophomore Album, but expect more information on it soon. Listen and download 'Truly Yours' below.
It’s time. I appreciate you giving me the time I needed to grow, experiment, and find the direction for my 2nd album.. And I have. Along the way I’ve recorded at least 4 albums worth of material, lots of it being unfinished demo versions waiting to be polished up, some of them are great songs and important stories that just won’t make the album (either they don’t fit Sonically, don’t fit Theme, or there’s just not enough space).
Tonight, I want to give you a few of these songs because you deserve them. It’s hard as fuck for me to keep all this music from you for so long, so I know it’s been hard for you to wait. Thank you for your patience. Vibe out to these songs in their raw form, no polish.. just a lot of my soul..
The wait is over.
PS- 1st single coming this week. The album is hands down my best work yet. Can’t wait to share.
- New Music: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - "Anything Goes"
- New Music: Maroon 5 - "It Was Always You"
- Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"
- New Music: Fences – ‘Arrows’
- New Music: Jasmine V – ‘That’s Me Right There’
- New Music: Jessie J - "Bang Bang"
- New Music: G-Unit - "Come Up"
- Christina Perri Performs "Burning Gold" on "The Today Show"
- Inna - "Good Time"
- New Music: Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"
- Video: Beyoncé Performs "Blow" on HBO's "Beyonce x10" Special
- Shawn Mendes: "The Shawn Mendes EP"
- New Music: The Script - "It’s Not Right for You"
- Watch: Childish Gambino Calls Out Drake, Kendrick Lamar, & ScHoolboy Q In New Freestyle
- New Music: Azealia Banks - "Heavy Metal and Reflective"