Eminem world premiered the music video for his latest single "Rap God" at noon on November 27th on VEVO. The track is co-produced by DVLP and Fithy and comes from the rapper's eighth studio album "The Marshall Mathers LP 2". Watch above.
The "Rap God" video was directed by Rich Lee, who previously helmed the rapper's "Not Afraid" and "Lighters" MVs, and was filmed at the Russell Industrial Centre in Detroit. The clip sees Eminem channeling '80s TV character Max Headroom, wearing a shiny black suit and sunglasses. Controversy has surrounded "Rap God" (as well as other songs on Eminem's new LP) for the use of homophobic words. Em' defended that use (for instance of the "faggot" word) by saying; "It was more like calling someone a bitch or a punk or asshole," and that he has "no issue" with gay, straight or transgender people.
What do you think of the video?
- New Music: Fences – ‘Arrows’
- New Music: Jasmine V – ‘That’s Me Right There’
- New Music: Jessie J - "Bang Bang"
- New Music: G-Unit - "Come Up"
- Christina Perri Performs "Burning Gold" on "The Today Show"
- Inna - "Good Time"
- New Music: Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"
- Video: Beyoncé Performs "Blow" on HBO's "Beyonce x10" Special
- Shawn Mendes: "The Shawn Mendes EP"
- New Music: The Script - "It’s Not Right for You"
- Watch: Childish Gambino Calls Out Drake, Kendrick Lamar, & ScHoolboy Q In New Freestyle
- New Music: Azealia Banks - "Heavy Metal and Reflective"
- Amelia Lily -"California"
- Fifth Harmony Debut New Songs "Reflection", "Over" & "Going Nowhere" In Concert: Watch
- New Music: G.R.L - "Girls Are Always Right"