Before Rollingstone releases their latest issue onto newsstands this Friday, they’ve provided fans with previews of an interview with Drake featured on the magazine. The Toronto-born artist’s comments are sure to spark some conversation as he doesn’t bite his tongue when speaking on the text message Macklemore sent to Kendrick Lamar after winning Grammy Rap Album Of The Year and Kanye West’s sixth studio album ‘Yeezus’.
Macklemore caused a stir a few weeks back on Grammy night after he posted a picture of a text message he sent to Kendrick Lamar apologizing for winning Album Of The Year and telling him "I wanted you to win". Clearly Drake was not a fan of the move by Macklemore as he straight up told Rollingstone, he thought "that shit was wack as fuck." The 1-time Grammy winner went on to say:
"I was like, 'You won. Why are you posting your text message? Just chill. Take your W, and if you feel you didn't deserve it, go get better — make better music. It felt cheap. It didn't feel genuine. Why do that? Why feel guilt? You think those guys would pay homage to you if they won?...This is how the world works: He made a brand of music that appealed to more people than me, Hov, Kanye and Kendrick. Whether people wanna say it's racial, or whether it's just the fact that he tapped into something we can't tap into. That's just how the cards fall. Own your shit."
As for Drake’s thoughts on Kanye West’s ‘Yeezus’ album, let’s just say Fabolous’ name somehow came into the picture. He told Rollingstone: “There were some real questionable bars on there. Like that ‘Swaghili‘ line? Come on, man. Even Fabolous wouldn’t say some shit like that.” Drake then followed up that statement by praising ‘Ye: “Kanye’s the reason why I’m here. I love everything about that guy.”
To read Drake’s full feature on Rollingstone Magazine, be sure to pick up the latest issue when it arrives on newsstands tomorrow. Let us know what you think of Drake’s aggressive remarks in the comment section and check out a magazine scan below (HHNM).
Update:Drake responds via Twitter.
I'm done doing interviews for magazines. I just want to give my music to the people. That's the only way my message gets across accurately.— Drizzy (@Drake) February 13, 2014
I never commented on Yeezus for my interview portion of Rolling Stone. They also took my cover from me last minute and ran the issue.— Drizzy (@Drake) February 13, 2014
I'm disgusted with that. RIP to Phillip Seymour Hoffman. All respect due. But the press is evil.— Drizzy (@Drake) February 13, 2014
Agree With Drake?
- Walk The Moon - "Shut Up And Dance"
- DirectLyrics Interviews The Fooo Conspiracy: Talk Coming to the U.S, New Music & Justin Bieber!
- Kiesza Makes "GMA" Debut with "Hideaway" Performance
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "Iggy Szn"
- Jessie J, Nicole Scherzinger & Ella Eyre Perform at 2014 MOBO Awards: Watch
- Jordin Sparks Previews New Songs at Salaam Remi Showcase / 3rd Album Out Early 2015?
- J. Cole Jumps On Jessie Ware's "Kind of...Sometimes...Maybe" Remix: Listen
- New Music: Rita Ora - "Grateful"
- Tyga Covers VIBE, Calls Drake “Fake” & Says “I Don’t Really Get Along With Nicki”
- Cobra Starship - "Never Been In Love"
- Pitbull Hangs Out with Adorable Penguins in "Celebrate" Music Video
- New Music: Bastille - "Torn Apart"
- New Music: Sia - "You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile"
- Preview: Taylor Swift - "Style"
- New Music: Meek Mill - 'F*ck U Mean'