David Archuleta - who Jive Records fired earlier this year due to the poor sales of his sophomore album - sang the US national anthem 'The Star-Spangled Banner' at the NASCAR Royal Purple 300 Race at the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California last Saturday. "My first time at a NASCAR race!", tweeted an excited David before the performance. He definitely delivered! Kept it simple, no unnecessary decorations/adblibs, just solid singing. Shame though at those annoying militaty aircrafts that completely ruined the last seconds of David's performance. I assume he was hittin' them high-notes during those unhearable seconds. Organization FAIL. BTW, I wonder if David will sign with an independen label now?
R&B star Brandy opened the night session play at the Miami Sony Ericcson Tennis Open on Saturday with a perforamnce of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' - Hmmmm, I wasn't really feeling Brandy's version. She played it too safe when she has a voice to slay. Be on the look for her new album later in 2011.
- Listen to Ricky Martin's New Single "Adios"
- Stream: Full Studio Version of Azealia Banks' "Chasing Time" Is Out
- Rixton Reveals Cover & Tracklist of Debut Album "Let The Road"
- New Music: You+Me - "Break the Cycle"
- Hear 19 Seconds of One Direction's "Steal My Girl" Now!
- Inna Misses Her Man's "Body and The Sun"
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Therapy"
- New Music: Jessie J - "Burnin' Up"
- Ella Henderson Covers "Say Something" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Selena Gomez Rests Head on Justin Bieber's Shoulder at LA Church
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Whole Damn Year"
- Kanye West Performs at 'AAHH! Fest' By Surprise: Watch
- Watch: Jay Z & Beyoncé's 'On The Run' Tour Documentary
- New Music: Kiesza - "Bad Thing"
- 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival - Day 2 Performances