British rock band Coldplay are gearing up to release their fifth studio album called "Mylo Xyloto" next October 24th, 2011 worldwide - The record is the result of a two-year work that started the minute Coldplay's 'Viva la Vida World Tour' ended in late 2009. The band went into the studio, began writing, recording demos, and in the summer of 2010 it was thought Coldplay's LP5 was completed and that it would be hitting stores by the end of that same year...but that didn't happen. Instead what Coldplay gave us was a Xmas single in the form of "Christmas Lights", a taster of what was to come. Apparently "Mylo Xyloto" still needed a few tweaks.
On June 3rd 2011, Coldplay unveiled online the album's first single "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall", and that same day at night the British rock band debuted the song live at their concert in the German city of Nuremberg as part of the 'Rock im Park' festival. At this festival Coldplay also debuted five other brand new tracks. Three months later, in September 2011, Coldplay announced "Mylo Xyloto" was fully ready, and posted on their official website the tracklisting of the album comprising 14 songs.
We are now just days away from the official release of "Mylo Xyloto", but the album has inevitably leaked before the 'due date', and well, having heard it in full, I gotta say...it may be MY least favorite Coldplay album thus far (as a whole), but it's got a few good songs nevertheless. "Charlie Brown" is an example! The production and melody is ace, and Chris Martin's execution of it vocally is flawless. Best song on "Mylo Xyloto", hands down! Other songs I like are "Princess of China" - this features Rihanna and has pop hit written all over it, "Hurts Like Heaven" and "Us Against the World" (these sound SO good in its HQ studio edits!), and the two first singles of course! As for the rest...I'll have to keep listening, and see if they grow on me. Well, "U.F.O" is something very special, but not a song I'd repeat over and over again.
Which are your favorite songs?
WILL YOU BE BUYING 'Mylo Xyloto'?
1. Mylo Xyloto
2. Hurts Like Heaven
4. Charlie Brown
5. Us Against The World
7. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
8. Major Minus
10. Princess Of China
11. Up In Flames
12. A Hopeful Transmission
13. Don’t Let It Break Your Heart
14. Up With The Birds
- New Music: Florida Georgia Line - "Anything Goes"
- New Music: Jason Aldean - "Tonight Looks Good On You"
- You+Me - "Break the Cycle"
- New Music: The Game - 'Really'
- World Premiere: Kendrick Lamar - "i"
- Natasha Bedingfield Debuts New Single "Love Song to the Earth"
- Jessie J Debuts New Songs "Sweet Talker" & "Your Loss I'm Found" at 2014 iTunes Festival
- Fifth Harmony Make '106 & Park' Performance Debut with "Boss"
- Check Out A Snippet of Iggy Azalea & Ellie Goulding's First Collaboration
- Listen to Ricky Martin's New Single "Adios"
- Stream: Full Studio Version of Azealia Banks' "Chasing Time" Is Out
- Rixton Reveals Cover & Tracklist of Debut Album "Let The Road"
- New Music: You+Me - "Break the Cycle"
- Hear 19 Seconds of One Direction's "Steal My Girl" Now!
- Inna Misses Her Man's "Body and The Sun"