What a great opportunity for Epic signees, rising singer-songwriter pop duo A Great Big World. They have recorded a duet with "Lotus" empress, Christina Aguilera.
Ever since their song, and new single "Say Something" was featured on the finale of "So You Think You Can Dance", everything went big for them. A Great Big World was struck with a major surge in digital sales, YouTube views and even airplay for "Say Something" in the US. So much buzz for the sad song that even Christina Aguilera got to hear it...and fell in love with it. "[This song] is sort of coming to me at a time when I’m feeling very inspired...it’s so simple and it’s so quiet and still and steady and in a way pleading to hear something, to hear some kind of answer or get an answer in the most humble, unassuming, non-demanding way", added about "Say Something".
Chrstina's team called A Great Big World's manager to make a proposal. To re-record "Say Something", and make it a duet with her. Their answer? Yes, of course! They met in a studio in Los Angeles and made the magic happen (watch below). "I'm only taking on projects that feel good to me and represent a purpose of the 'here and now' in my life, and that's what this song 'Say Something' actually does for me.", further explained Christina on why she decided to pursue this unexpected duet.
"Say Something" is the new official single from A Great Big World's Black Magnetic/Epic Records debut full-length album "Is There Anybody Out There?" which will be available for digital and physical pre-order November 4th (in stores in January 2014), and will feature the newly-recorded Christina Aguilera duet, of course. In fact, Epic and Christina have pulled some strings and the pop diva and A Great Big World will be performing "Say Something" together live on "The Voice" on November 5th.
- Paramore - "Hate to See Your Heart Break"
- Fall Out Boy Drop New Song "American Beauty/American Psycho": Listen!
- Eminem - 'Guts Over Fear'
- New Music: Lil Wayne - ‘Start A Fire’
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl Halftime Show Commercial Unveiled by Pepsi! Watch Now!
- 2014 American Music Awards - The Performances
- New Music: Ariana Grande - "Santa Tell Me"
- New Music: Gwen Stefani - "Spark The Fire"
- Bruno Mars Annihilates SNL with "Uptown Funk": Watch!
- Download: Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid: Shady Classics
- DirectLyrics Interviews The HeavyTrackerz: On UK Chart Success, "Old Habits" & Possible Ed Sheeran Collaboration!
- Listen To Charli XCX's AMAZING Pop-Punk Track "Breaking Up"
- Jessie J Rocks "Burnin' Up" & "Masterpiece" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"
- Beyoncé - '7/11'
- G-Unit - 'Big Body Benz'