What a great opportunity for Epic signees, rising singer-songwriter pop duo A Great Big World. They have recorded a duet with "Lotus" empress, Christina Aguilera.
Ever since their song, and new single "Say Something" was featured on the finale of "So You Think You Can Dance", everything went big for them. A Great Big World was struck with a major surge in digital sales, YouTube views and even airplay for "Say Something" in the US. So much buzz for the sad song that even Christina Aguilera got to hear it...and fell in love with it. "[This song] is sort of coming to me at a time when I’m feeling very inspired...it’s so simple and it’s so quiet and still and steady and in a way pleading to hear something, to hear some kind of answer or get an answer in the most humble, unassuming, non-demanding way", added about "Say Something".
Chrstina's team called A Great Big World's manager to make a proposal. To re-record "Say Something", and make it a duet with her. Their answer? Yes, of course! They met in a studio in Los Angeles and made the magic happen (watch below). "I'm only taking on projects that feel good to me and represent a purpose of the 'here and now' in my life, and that's what this song 'Say Something' actually does for me.", further explained Christina on why she decided to pursue this unexpected duet.
"Say Something" is the new official single from A Great Big World's Black Magnetic/Epic Records debut full-length album "Is There Anybody Out There?" which will be available for digital and physical pre-order November 4th (in stores in January 2014), and will feature the newly-recorded Christina Aguilera duet, of course. In fact, Epic and Christina have pulled some strings and the pop diva and A Great Big World will be performing "Say Something" together live on "The Voice" on November 5th.
- DirectLyrics Interviews The Wind and The Wave: On Origins, Getting Signed To RCA & Debut Album!
- Christina Perri - "Burning Gold"
- Listen: Low Quality Version of Nicki Minaj's 'Anaconda' Single Leaks
- Enrique Iglesias Performs "Bailando" & "Hero" on "GMA": Video
- New Music: Brad Paisley - "Cover Girl"
- Sam Smith - "I'm Not The Only One"
- Keyshia Cole - "She"
- Cody Simpson Teases Justin Bieber Collaboration On Instagram: Listen
- New Music: Fat Joe - 'Stressin'
- Mary Lambert - "Secrets"
- Lady Gaga Performs "Dope" For The First Time on "ArtRave" Tour: Watch
- Katy Perry – ‘This Is How We Do’
- Exclusive Lyric Premiere: Mark Ballas - "Miss Incredible"
- DirectLyrics Interviews Alexandra Stan: On Second Album, New Single "Dance", Speaking Spanish & Romania Tourism!
- New Music: Christina Grimmie - "Must Be Love"