Chris Medina won't become the new American Idol after all as he was eliminated on this week's episode of the talent show - He although got the opportunity to hit the recording studio with hit-making producer "Darkchild" to work on his debut single which was revealed recently as "What Are Words", a beautiful ballad penned by Rodney whose lyrics reflect Chris' brave story of devotion to his disabled girlfriend. I gotta admit I shed some tears when I watched his AI audition and learned his story. So sad!
In any case, thanks to the new American Idol partnership with Universal Music Group, some contestants or rejects as Chris Medina apparently, may get the chance to record and release a single digitally. "What Are Words" hit iTunes last Thursday and the next day Chris Medina got the chance to perform the ballad live on 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' on NBC! Now that was cool. He's getting tons of exposure, and I wouldn't be surprised if he soon tells us he's inked a deal with major label. The performance was nice, he messed somewhat the lyrics in the second verse and but still delivered and emotional performance. Enjoy.
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "We Go Hard"
- 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival's Day 1 Performances
- Preview of Fergie's New Single "L.A Love " Leaks
- Pia Mia & Austin Mahone Join Forces for "Fill Me In" Cover: Listen
- Lil Wayne - 'Grindin'
- Broods Exclusive Interview: On Beginnings, Capitol Signing & Debut Album "Evergreen"
- Pitbull - "Fireball"
- New Music: Avicii - "The Nights"
- Full "Eau de Gaga" Commercial Premieres: Watch
- Lady Antebellum - "I Did With You"
- The Veronicas Get Revenge In "You Ruin Me" Music Video
- Jennifer Lopez - 'Booty'
- Gwen Stefani & Rest of "The Voice" Coaches Perform "Hella Good": Watch
- Havana Brown Kidnaps Man In "Better Not Said" Music Video: Watch Premiere
- New Music: Blake Shelton - "Lonely Tonight"