Chris Medina won't become the new American Idol after all as he was eliminated on this week's episode of the talent show - He although got the opportunity to hit the recording studio with hit-making producer "Darkchild" to work on his debut single which was revealed recently as "What Are Words", a beautiful ballad penned by Rodney whose lyrics reflect Chris' brave story of devotion to his disabled girlfriend. I gotta admit I shed some tears when I watched his AI audition and learned his story. So sad!
In any case, thanks to the new American Idol partnership with Universal Music Group, some contestants or rejects as Chris Medina apparently, may get the chance to record and release a single digitally. "What Are Words" hit iTunes last Thursday and the next day Chris Medina got the chance to perform the ballad live on 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' on NBC! Now that was cool. He's getting tons of exposure, and I wouldn't be surprised if he soon tells us he's inked a deal with major label. The performance was nice, he messed somewhat the lyrics in the second verse and but still delivered and emotional performance. Enjoy.
- Mila J Releases Girlfriends Anthem "My Main" : Listen
- New Music: The Game – ‘Don’t Shoot’
- Video: Lady Gaga, Queen & Adam Lambert Rock "Another One Bites The Dust" at Sydney Concert
- Alexandra Stan Goes From Darkness To Light In "Give Me Your Everything" Music Video
- Labrinth Drops "Let It Be" Music Video Online: Watch
- Usher & Nicki Minaj - "She Came To Give It To You"
- Exclusive Ben Rue Q&A: From Riding The Combine to Signing To Arista/Sony & Releasing "I Can’t Wait ”
- Jeezy – ‘Seen It All’
- Ariana Grande - "My Everything"
- Jennifer Lopez Premieres "Booty" Official Remix with Iggy Azalea!
- Nicole Scherzinger Sips A Drink "On The Rocks" In New Single
- Download: Ty Dolla Sign – ‘Sign Language’
- Inna Begs "Take Me Higher!" In Brand New Song: Listen
- Charli XCX - "Break The Rules"
- New Music: Alex & Sierra - "Bumper Cars"