Chris Medina won't become the new American Idol after all as he was eliminated on this week's episode of the talent show - He although got the opportunity to hit the recording studio with hit-making producer "Darkchild" to work on his debut single which was revealed recently as "What Are Words", a beautiful ballad penned by Rodney whose lyrics reflect Chris' brave story of devotion to his disabled girlfriend. I gotta admit I shed some tears when I watched his AI audition and learned his story. So sad!
In any case, thanks to the new American Idol partnership with Universal Music Group, some contestants or rejects as Chris Medina apparently, may get the chance to record and release a single digitally. "What Are Words" hit iTunes last Thursday and the next day Chris Medina got the chance to perform the ballad live on 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' on NBC! Now that was cool. He's getting tons of exposure, and I wouldn't be surprised if he soon tells us he's inked a deal with major label. The performance was nice, he messed somewhat the lyrics in the second verse and but still delivered and emotional performance. Enjoy.
- New Music: Jessie J - "Bang Bang"
- New Music: G-Unit - "Come Up"
- Christina Perri Performs "Burning Gold" on "The Today Show"
- Inna - "Good Time"
- New Music: Hilary Duff - "Chasing The Sun"
- Video: Beyoncé Performs "Blow" on HBO's "Beyonce x10" Special
- Shawn Mendes: "The Shawn Mendes EP"
- New Music: The Script - "It’s Not Right for You"
- Watch: Childish Gambino Calls Out Drake, Kendrick Lamar, & ScHoolboy Q In New Freestyle
- New Music: Azealia Banks - "Heavy Metal and Reflective"
- Amelia Lily -"California"
- Fifth Harmony Debut New Songs "Reflection", "Over" & "Going Nowhere" In Concert: Watch
- New Music: G.R.L - "Girls Are Always Right"
- OneRepublic Perform "Ordinary Human" on "The Today Show"
- Fifth Harmony Rehearse New Fierce Song "Reflection": Video