Chris Medina won't become the new American Idol after all as he was eliminated on this week's episode of the talent show - He although got the opportunity to hit the recording studio with hit-making producer "Darkchild" to work on his debut single which was revealed recently as "What Are Words", a beautiful ballad penned by Rodney whose lyrics reflect Chris' brave story of devotion to his disabled girlfriend. I gotta admit I shed some tears when I watched his AI audition and learned his story. So sad!
In any case, thanks to the new American Idol partnership with Universal Music Group, some contestants or rejects as Chris Medina apparently, may get the chance to record and release a single digitally. "What Are Words" hit iTunes last Thursday and the next day Chris Medina got the chance to perform the ballad live on 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' on NBC! Now that was cool. He's getting tons of exposure, and I wouldn't be surprised if he soon tells us he's inked a deal with major label. The performance was nice, he messed somewhat the lyrics in the second verse and but still delivered and emotional performance. Enjoy.
- New Music: Asher Monroe - "Lonely Island"
- Lily Allen - "As Long As I Got You"
- Katy Perry - "This Is How We Do"
- Shawn Mendes Performs "Life of The Party" on "Kelly & Michael": Watch
- Beyoncé Sings Darker "Crazy In Love" In Full Trailer of "50 Shades of Grey"
- The Vamps Perform "Somebody to You" on "The Today Show"
- Justin Bieber Previews 11 New Songs on Instagram! New Album Ready?
- Hilary Duff Shares "Chasing the Sun" Cover Art & Snippet
- Watch: J. Cole Brings Out Drake & Kendrick Lamar at ‘Dollar & a Dream’ Tour Stop in Los Angeles
- New Music: Pitbull - "Fireball"
- Pharrell - "Come Get It Bae"
- Union J - "Tonight "
- New Music: Rixton - "Wait On Me"
- New Music: Wiz Khalifa - 'Stayin Out All Night'
- New Music: Lights - "Up We Go"