Chris Medina won't become the new American Idol after all as he was eliminated on this week's episode of the talent show - He although got the opportunity to hit the recording studio with hit-making producer "Darkchild" to work on his debut single which was revealed recently as "What Are Words", a beautiful ballad penned by Rodney whose lyrics reflect Chris' brave story of devotion to his disabled girlfriend. I gotta admit I shed some tears when I watched his AI audition and learned his story. So sad!
In any case, thanks to the new American Idol partnership with Universal Music Group, some contestants or rejects as Chris Medina apparently, may get the chance to record and release a single digitally. "What Are Words" hit iTunes last Thursday and the next day Chris Medina got the chance to perform the ballad live on 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' on NBC! Now that was cool. He's getting tons of exposure, and I wouldn't be surprised if he soon tells us he's inked a deal with major label. The performance was nice, he messed somewhat the lyrics in the second verse and but still delivered and emotional performance. Enjoy.
- New Music: Meek Mill - 'F*ck U Mean'
- T.I. - 'Paperwork'
- Gwen Stefani - "Baby Don't Lie"
- Tulisa Drops Flawless Kiesza-esque Single "Living Without You": Listen
- Ricky Martin - "Adios"
- OneRepublic Cover George Ezra's "Budapest" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Preview: 5 Seconds Of Summer - "Just Saying"
- New Music: Danity Kane - "All In A Day's Work"
- Wrong? Keyshia Cole's Son Daniel Gibson Jr Appears In "Remember " Music Video: Watch
- The HeavyTrackerz Drop Video For Feel-Good Debut Single "Old Habits"
- iLoveMakonnen - 'Tuesday'
- New Music: Taylor Swift - "Welcome to New York"
- New Music: The Weeknd - 'King Of The Fall'
- New Music: The Chemical Brothers - "This Is Not A Game"
- Preview: Gwen Stefani - "Spark the Fire"