Country goddess Carrie Underwood and Brit alternative rock band Coldplay were the guest performers on Thursday's results show of American Idol (May 3rd) - Our beloved flaw-free singer Carrie was up first, and hit the 'Idol' stage to deliver the first televised performance of her new single (and no, it wasn't 'Good Girl', which is now an 'admitted' semi-flop), the fierce and bold mid-tempo "Blown Away", the title track of Carrie's just-released fourth LP. Great single choice! This song is simply amazing (from the production, to the vocals and lyrics), and Carrie's 'Idol' performance certainly blew me away. She looked stunning in that white dress, her hair was looking good, and the wind machine usage in the second part was ON POINT.
Later on Thursday night, the Chris Martin-led band, Coldplay, got up on the 'American Idol' stage to rock a double performance! First playing 'Every Tear Is A Waterfall', and then 'Paradise'. Both solid performances, but I particularly loved the 'Waterfall' one the most. The intro is just SO EPIC.
What do YOU think of the performances?
- New Music: Chris Brown & Trey Songz - 'Dangerous'
- Alex & Sierra Release Surprising Cover of The Darkness' "I Believe In A Thing Called Love": Listen
- Pitbull Rocks "Fireball" & New Single "Time Of Our Lives" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- Meghan Trainor, Nick Jonas & Jennifer Hudson Perform On "Dancing With The Stars" Season 19 Finale: Watch
- Rihanna Shares 15-Second Snippet of New Song: Listen!
- Free Download: Jordin Sparks - "Bye Felicia"
- Kelly Clarkson Premieres "Wrapped In Red" Official Music Video!
- Lady Gaga Stars In H&M Christmas Commercial + "It Don’t Mean A Thing" Video Premieres!
- Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Paramore - "Hate to See Your Heart Break"
- Fall Out Boy Drop New Song "American Beauty/American Psycho": Listen!
- Eminem - 'Guts Over Fear'
- New Music: Lil Wayne - ‘Start A Fire’
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl Halftime Show Commercial Unveiled by Pepsi! Watch Now!
- 2014 American Music Awards - The Performances