Following the footsteps of Jay-Z (with "Holy Grail"), Bruno Mars decided to premiere the music video for his new "Unorthodox Jukebox" single, the banging tune "Gorilla", first on Facebook rather than on YouTube on Tuesday, October 15. Co-directed by the Hawaiian crooner and his longtime collaborator Cameron Buddy, proceed with your watch above.
The 'making sex like animals'-themed song has officially become the fourth single from Bruno's platinum-selling sophomore album "Unorthodox Jukebox". Despite his three previous singles have all reached Top 5 on the Hot 100 (in fact, two of them peaked at #1), there's murmuring in the Internet (blogs, forums) that "Gorilla" may break Bruno's streak of hits this era. Many say it's not as radio-friendly as the previous singles, and that Bruno should've picked "Natalia" as his next release. Although I agree "Natalie" (and "Young Girls" at some point) needs to obtain the single 'treatment', I don't think we should give up on "Gorilla" just yet. The song's about to crack the Top 10 on Top 40 radio.
I do think, though, Bruno shouldn't take that long to upload the "Gorilla" video on YouTube. Now that Billboard is counting YouTube views into its ranking formula, he needs these views to make "Gorilla" crack the Top 10 on the Hot 100 without unnecessary risks.
What do you think of the video?
- Beyoncé - '7/11'
- G-Unit - 'Big Body Benz'
- One Direction - "Night Changes"
- Watch Bastille's Fun & Creepy "Torn Apart" Music Video
- Conchita Wurst Premieres Abstract "Heroes" Music Video
- New Music: Pitbull - "Fun"
- Eminem – ‘Shady XV’
- New Music: Demi Lovato - "Up"
- New Music: Eminem – ‘Shady XV’ / ‘Lose Yourself’
- New Music: Iggy Azalea & Ellie Goulding - "Heavy Crown"
- The Script - "No Good In Goodbye"
- Phillip Phillips - "Unpack Your Heart"
- New Music: Selena Gomez - "Do It"
- B.o.B - "Not For Long"
- New Music: Hudson Mohawke - 'Chimes'