Avril Lavigne's new single "Let Me Go" is finally out on iTunes, and so is the music video! The Canadian pop/rock singer gave "Good Morning America" the world exclusive premiere of the video for her new single (off her upcoming fifth self-titled album, in stores November 5), featuring her husband, Nickelback's Chad Kroeger today, October 15th, before releasing it through VEVO. Watch the clip above!
Avril's ballads are always and "Let Me Go" is no exception. The melody, the build, the chorus, everything fits amazingly and make "Let Me Go" a solid song. Is it "official single" worthy, though?. I think Avril's got better ballad singles in the past - more commercial and radio-friendly- but "Let Me Go" is nice, plus it features Chad Kroeger, and that's got to increase the listening audience, right?.
As for the "Let Me Go" music video, it has kind of a spooky theme. An old man plays the guitar in front of a mirror and transforms into Chad Kroeger (was that an older him?), as a nostaligic Avril plays the piano while belting out the ballad's lyrics.
What do you think of the video?
- Stream: Jhené Aiko - 'Souled Out'
- Jhené Aiko - "The Pressure"
- Song Premiere: Mary Lambert Opens Up In "Heart On My Sleeve"
- New Music: Jeezy – ‘Addicted’ / – ‘Shady Life’
- Free Download: P. Reign - "Dear America" / Don't Miss The Song "Rihanna"
- Listen: The Madden Brothers - "Dear Jane"
- The Script Cover Sia's "Chandelier" on BBC Radio 1's "Live Lounge": Listen
- New Music: Jason Aldean - "Sweet Little Somethin'"
- Listen: Eminem Interview On Shade 45, Talks 'The Monster' Tour
- Beyoncé Wraps Up HBO Special With "XO" Performance
- Listen: Inna Wants The Lights Turned Down "Low" In New Song
- Video: Maroon 5 Perform "V" Songs On "The Today Show"
- RedFoo & Paloma Faith Perform New Singles on "The X Factor Australia"
- New Music: Jessie Ware - "Want Your Feeling"
- Full Songs: Adele - "You'll Never See Me Again" & "Never Gonna Leave You"