Such a strong photograph! Self-proclaimed motherf***ing princess Avril Lavigne has finally succumbed to the pressure and has joined social network, Instagram, just like many of her music industry peers. And as her first post, she's debuted the official artwork for her upcoming self-titled fifth album to be released this September 24 via Epic Records.
The cover features a pitch black background, the album name (that is, Avril's name) written in white capital letters (with a spray on effect on top), and a neck-up photograph of the Canadian star looking up, with her hair pulled up, and sporting a very vampire-esque, Black Swan-esque make-up. This has got to be one of the creepiest album covers I've seen in my life, but considering it all, it's very 'Avril Lavigne'. She's the motherf***ing princess and she can do whatever she wants, right?.
Still I would have preferred something less creppy and dark, and more cheeky and fun as cover, since the album's first singles, "Here's To Never Growing Up", and "Rock and Roll" are all about fun, and care-free sentiments, and this cover is not transmitting me that. Now that I think about it, this cover is giving me some kind of old Evanescence teas, lol. And I don't think this fifth Avril album will sound very Evanescence. Anyway, you be the judge!
Do you love or hate the cover?
- New Music: Chris Brown & Trey Songz - 'Dangerous'
- Alex & Sierra Release Surprising Cover of The Darkness' "I Believe In A Thing Called Love": Listen
- Pitbull Rocks "Fireball" & New Single "Time Of Our Lives" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- Meghan Trainor, Nick Jonas & Jennifer Hudson Perform On "Dancing With The Stars" Season 19 Finale: Watch
- Rihanna Shares 15-Second Snippet of New Song: Listen!
- Free Download: Jordin Sparks - "Bye Felicia"
- Kelly Clarkson Premieres "Wrapped In Red" Official Music Video!
- Lady Gaga Stars In H&M Christmas Commercial + "It Don’t Mean A Thing" Video Premieres!
- Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Paramore - "Hate to See Your Heart Break"
- Fall Out Boy Drop New Song "American Beauty/American Psycho": Listen!
- Eminem - 'Guts Over Fear'
- New Music: Lil Wayne - ‘Start A Fire’
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl Halftime Show Commercial Unveiled by Pepsi! Watch Now!
- 2014 American Music Awards - The Performances