Avril Lavigne world premiered the music video for "Smile" via VEVO on Friday, the Max Martin & Shellback-produced uptempo track serves as the official second single from the Canadian pop singer's latest album "Goodbye Lullaby" - I like the single choice! I know Avril wanted "Push" instead, but I think the good vibe "Smile" has and the fact it's a great uptempo record by Max Martin will make it a decent summer single. I also love "Push" but that would be more appropiate for a Fall release IMO. Avril gotta give us the uptempos first which obviously will have more repercussion on radios, and the "Goodbye Lullaby" project can't risk that at all with a ballad now. The album is not performing as expected and a fail single would be its death. I'm happy Avril has been able to pull out a profitable tour from it though.
As for the "Smile" music vid, it was directed by Shane Drake (Panic!, Paramore) and filmed in mid-April. I'm feeling it! The clip reflects both sides of the song, the rock-ish/punk side and the vulnerable ones with the lyrics. BTW, Avril should think keeping that green hair! Fits her well!
- And The MØ Snub Continues! Iggy Azalea Performs "Beg for It" Solo On "Jimmy Fallon"
- New Music: Chris Brown & Trey Songz - 'Dangerous'
- Alex & Sierra Release Surprising Cover of The Darkness' "I Believe In A Thing Called Love": Listen
- Pitbull Rocks "Fireball" & New Single "Time Of Our Lives" on "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
- Meghan Trainor, Nick Jonas & Jennifer Hudson Perform On "Dancing With The Stars" Season 19 Finale: Watch
- Rihanna Shares 15-Second Snippet of New Song: Listen!
- Free Download: Jordin Sparks - "Bye Felicia"
- Kelly Clarkson Premieres "Wrapped In Red" Official Music Video!
- Lady Gaga Stars In H&M Christmas Commercial + "It Don’t Mean A Thing" Video Premieres!
- Fifth Harmony - "Sledgehammer"
- Paramore - "Hate to See Your Heart Break"
- Fall Out Boy Drop New Song "American Beauty/American Psycho": Listen!
- Eminem - 'Guts Over Fear'
- New Music: Lil Wayne - ‘Start A Fire’
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl Halftime Show Commercial Unveiled by Pepsi! Watch Now!