Avril Lavigne world premiered the music video for "Smile" via VEVO on Friday, the Max Martin & Shellback-produced uptempo track serves as the official second single from the Canadian pop singer's latest album "Goodbye Lullaby" - I like the single choice! I know Avril wanted "Push" instead, but I think the good vibe "Smile" has and the fact it's a great uptempo record by Max Martin will make it a decent summer single. I also love "Push" but that would be more appropiate for a Fall release IMO. Avril gotta give us the uptempos first which obviously will have more repercussion on radios, and the "Goodbye Lullaby" project can't risk that at all with a ballad now. The album is not performing as expected and a fail single would be its death. I'm happy Avril has been able to pull out a profitable tour from it though.
As for the "Smile" music vid, it was directed by Shane Drake (Panic!, Paramore) and filmed in mid-April. I'm feeling it! The clip reflects both sides of the song, the rock-ish/punk side and the vulnerable ones with the lyrics. BTW, Avril should think keeping that green hair! Fits her well!
- Stream: Jhené Aiko - 'Souled Out'
- Jhené Aiko - "The Pressure"
- Song Premiere: Mary Lambert Opens Up In "Heart On My Sleeve"
- New Music: Jeezy – ‘Addicted’ / – ‘Shady Life’
- Free Download: P. Reign - "Dear America" / Don't Miss The Song "Rihanna"
- Listen: The Madden Brothers - "Dear Jane"
- The Script Cover Sia's "Chandelier" on BBC Radio 1's "Live Lounge": Listen
- New Music: Jason Aldean - "Sweet Little Somethin'"
- Listen: Eminem Interview On Shade 45, Talks 'The Monster' Tour
- Beyoncé Wraps Up HBO Special With "XO" Performance
- Listen: Inna Wants The Lights Turned Down "Low" In New Song
- Video: Maroon 5 Perform "V" Songs On "The Today Show"
- RedFoo & Paloma Faith Perform New Singles on "The X Factor Australia"
- New Music: Jessie Ware - "Want Your Feeling"
- Full Songs: Adele - "You'll Never See Me Again" & "Never Gonna Leave You"