As big as the year 2012 was for the Hip-Hop/Rap game with album releases like Kendrick Lamar's 'good kid, m.A.A.d city' and Nas' 'Life Is Good', 2013 is set to be on a whole other level. Almost five months in and we have already been treated to projects from artists like Lil Wayne, Kid Cudi, A$AP Rocky, Tyler, The Creator, and others. What else could there be to possibly look forward to? Well a few artists you may have heard of that go by the names of Jay-Z, Eminem, KanyeWest, and Drake also have plans to release new solo projects.
Just the thought of Jay, Em, and 'Ye all dropping LP's in the same year is overwhelming. And if your not a fan of either of the 3, rest assured there are plenty of other artists who intend to release new projects. Let me just ring off some of the names: 50 Cent, Nicki Minaj, J. Cole, Fabolous, Wu-Tang Clan, T.I., Juicy J, Big Sean, LL Cool J, Wale, Lupe Fiasco, Future, Ice Cube, etc. Simply put, it's a great year to be a fan of the Hip-Hop/Rap genre.
Be sure to bookmark this page as we'll be providing you with constant updates once new album dates are announced. Along with Hip-Hop release dates, I also threw in a few of the more anticipated R&B projects. Check the list below.
Which release are you most looking forward to?
Update: Year Over!
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Therapy"
- New Music: Jessie J - "Burnin' Up"
- Ella Henderson Covers "Say Something" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Selena Gomez Rests Head on Justin Bieber's Shoulder at LA Church
- New Music: Mary J. Blige - "Whole Damn Year"
- Kanye West Performs at 'AAHH! Fest' By Surprise: Watch
- Watch: Jay Z & Beyoncé's 'On The Run' Tour Documentary
- New Music: Kiesza - "Bad Thing"
- 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival - Day 2 Performances
- Watch: Eminem Brings Out B.o.B & Royce Da 5'9 At 2014 Music Midtown Festival
- New Music: Iggy Azalea - "We Go Hard"
- 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival's Day 1 Performances
- Preview of Fergie's New Single "L.A Love " Leaks
- Pia Mia & Austin Mahone Join Forces for "Fill Me In" Cover: Listen
- Lil Wayne - 'Grindin'