As big as the year 2012 was for the Hip-Hop/Rap game with album releases like Kendrick Lamar's 'good kid, m.A.A.d city' and Nas' 'Life Is Good', 2013 is set to be on a whole other level. Almost five months in and we have already been treated to projects from artists like Lil Wayne, Kid Cudi, A$AP Rocky, Tyler, The Creator, and others. What else could there be to possibly look forward to? Well a few artists you may have heard of that go by the names of Jay-Z, Eminem, KanyeWest, and Drake also have plans to release new solo projects.
Just the thought of Jay, Em, and 'Ye all dropping LP's in the same year is overwhelming. And if your not a fan of either of the 3, rest assured there are plenty of other artists who intend to release new projects. Let me just ring off some of the names: 50 Cent, Nicki Minaj, J. Cole, Fabolous, Wu-Tang Clan, T.I., Juicy J, Big Sean, LL Cool J, Wale, Lupe Fiasco, Future, Ice Cube, etc. Simply put, it's a great year to be a fan of the Hip-Hop/Rap genre.
Be sure to bookmark this page as we'll be providing you with constant updates once new album dates are announced. Along with Hip-Hop release dates, I also threw in a few of the more anticipated R&B projects. Check the list below.
Which release are you most looking forward to?
Update: Year Over!
- New Music: Fifth Harmony - "Them Girls Be Like"
- Jennifer Lopez Visits "Chelsea Lately" / Announces New Iggy Azalea Collaboration on MTV's "House of Style"
- Tinashe Links Up With A$AP Rocky In New Single "Pretend": Listen
- Coldplay - "True Love"
- Jeezy – ‘No Tears’
- New Music: Chris Brown – ‘X’
- Country Heartthrob Hunter Hayes Rocks "The Today Show": Watch
- Jessie J - "Sweet Talker"
- New Music: Maroon 5 - "Animals"
- New Song: Flo Rida - "GDFR"
- Jasmine V - "That’s Me Right There"
- Maroon 5's Future Single "Animals" Featured In New KIA Commercial
- Juicy J – ‘Low’
- Watch The Weeknd's NSFW Music Video for "Often"
- DirectLyrics Interviews Priory: From Selling Their Own Blood to Recording "Weekend" & Signing to Warner