As big as the year 2012 was for the Hip-Hop/Rap game with album releases like Kendrick Lamar's 'good kid, m.A.A.d city' and Nas' 'Life Is Good', 2013 is set to be on a whole other level. Almost five months in and we have already been treated to projects from artists like Lil Wayne, Kid Cudi, A$AP Rocky, Tyler, The Creator, and others. What else could there be to possibly look forward to? Well a few artists you may have heard of that go by the names of Jay-Z, Eminem, KanyeWest, and Drake also have plans to release new solo projects.
Just the thought of Jay, Em, and 'Ye all dropping LP's in the same year is overwhelming. And if your not a fan of either of the 3, rest assured there are plenty of other artists who intend to release new projects. Let me just ring off some of the names: 50 Cent, Nicki Minaj, J. Cole, Fabolous, Wu-Tang Clan, T.I., Juicy J, Big Sean, LL Cool J, Wale, Lupe Fiasco, Future, Ice Cube, etc. Simply put, it's a great year to be a fan of the Hip-Hop/Rap genre.
Be sure to bookmark this page as we'll be providing you with constant updates once new album dates are announced. Along with Hip-Hop release dates, I also threw in a few of the more anticipated R&B projects. Check the list below.
Which release are you most looking forward to?
Update: Year Over!
- New Music: Meek Mill - 'F*ck U Mean'
- T.I. - 'Paperwork'
- Gwen Stefani - "Baby Don't Lie"
- Tulisa Drops Flawless Kiesza-esque Single "Living Without You": Listen
- Ricky Martin - "Adios"
- OneRepublic Cover George Ezra's "Budapest" on BBC "Live Lounge"
- Preview: 5 Seconds Of Summer - "Just Saying"
- New Music: Danity Kane - "All In A Day's Work"
- Wrong? Keyshia Cole's Son Daniel Gibson Jr Appears In "Remember " Music Video: Watch
- The HeavyTrackerz Drop Video For Feel-Good Debut Single "Old Habits"
- iLoveMakonnen - 'Tuesday'
- New Music: Taylor Swift - "Welcome to New York"
- New Music: The Weeknd - 'King Of The Fall'
- New Music: The Chemical Brothers - "This Is Not A Game"
- Preview: Gwen Stefani - "Spark the Fire"