The 11th annual CMT Music Awards were held on Wednesday night (June 7) at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee - Carrie Underwood took home the big award of the ceremony, "Video of the Year" for "Good Girl", while Miranda Lambert won 'Female Video of the Year' for 'Over You', Luke Bryan conquered the 'Male Video of the Year' category with "I Don't Want This Night to End" and finally 'Idol' winner Scotty McCreery was crowned as 'Best Breakthrough Act'.
On the live performances note, flawless country diva Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, The Band Perry and Rascal Flatts took the 'Bridgestone Arena' main stage to entertain the crowds with a few tunes. Carrie SLAYED 'Good Girl' (lead single from her new album "Blown Away"), Kimberly Perry wonderfully performed 'Postcard from Paris' (I love this song so much! And the confidence Kim performs it with, it's just incredible! Must-watch!), the Rascal Flatts guys played their hit 'Banjo' (although it sucked that they performed with their backs to the audience...), and finally Lady Antebellum delivered a sweet ol' rendition of "We Own The Night", AND 'surprise, surprise' Hillary Scott made a duet with band Hot Chelle Rae to perform together the US Top 10 pop smash 'Tonight, Tonight'. So awesome! Check it out!
Which performance did you like the most?
- Jennifer Lopez Visits "Chelsea Lately" / Announces New Iggy Azalea Collaboration on MTV's "House of Style"
- Tinashe Links Up With A$AP Rocky In New Single "Pretend": Listen
- Coldplay - "True Love"
- Jeezy – ‘No Tears’
- New Music: Chris Brown – ‘X’
- Country Heartthrob Hunter Hayes Rocks "The Today Show": Watch
- Jessie J - "Sweet Talker"
- New Music: Maroon 5 - "Animals"
- New Song: Flo Rida - "GDFR"
- Jasmine V - "That’s Me Right There"
- Maroon 5's Future Single "Animals" Featured In New KIA Commercial
- Juicy J – ‘Low’
- Watch The Weeknd's NSFW Music Video for "Often"
- DirectLyrics Interviews Priory: From Selling Their Own Blood to Recording "Weekend" & Signing to Warner
- Broods - "Evergreen"